Nutrition Information: Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 mushroom cap
Amount per serving: 236 calories, Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 522mg, Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber, 2.5g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 20g.
Portobello mushrooms stuffed with spinach, bell peppers, cheese, and marinara sauce a delicious meatless meal that’s low-carb.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 loose cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3cup chopped red bell pepper
- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- 4 large portabello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Gently remove the stem, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic and red pepper and season with 1/8tsp. salt. Cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spinach and saute until wilted about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl add the ricotta, parmesan cheese, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the cooked vegetables and basil and mix.
- Stuff the mushrooms with ricotta mixture and top each with 2 tbsp. mozzarella
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with basil and enjoy.