A classy, refreshing appetizer before any dinner
- 1 Package (8 ounces) cream cheese soften
- 1/4 pound sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dillweed
- (4) heads of Belgian Endive
- 1 jar ( 3 ounces) red lumpfish caviar
- Small dill sprigs, mache, and zigzag lemon for garnish
In a food processor with knife blade attached, process cream cheese and smoked salmon just until well blended.
Add dill: pulse just until mixed. Separate endive leaves. Select the large leaves and rinse them and pat dry with paper towels.
Spoon salmon mixture into a decorating bag with a medium star tip. Pipe onto wide end of each leaf. Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away. Just before serving top with caviar and garnish.
Each piece: About 20 calories, 2g protein, 1g carbohydrate, 1g total fat (0g sat. fat) 5mg cholesterol, and 80mg sodium