Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a great recipe for all you peanut butter lovers. An easy recipe from Dana Carpender “500 hundred Low-Carb Recipes”
Yield: About 4 1/2 dozen cookies, each with 2.3g of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 1.3 grams of usable carbs and 2 grams of protein.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature. Or microwave the butter for about 10 seconds if taken from the refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup Splenda or Truvia
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon stevia/FOS blend
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap or dark molasses
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup soy powder
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Usan electric mixer to beat the butter until creamy. (Or your hand if you want a good workout.) Add the Splenda, stevia/FOS blend, and molasses and beat again until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Beat in the soy powder and oat bran.
- Butter or spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the sheets. Use the back of a fork to press the balls of dough flat, leaving those traditional peanut butter cookie crisscross marks. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.