A Great dessert from “500 hundred Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender, for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
Yield: 16 brownies, each with 5 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 12 grams of protein.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of Splenda
- 1 teaspoon liquid saccharine
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Peanut butter topping
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored protein powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa. Add the eggs, cream water, vanilla, Splenda and saccharine, and mix well
- Add the protein powder, oat flour, and baking powder, and mix just until well moistened.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter into it.
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, Splenda, egg, and protein powder together, and spoon the mixture on top of the brownie batter. Bake for 15 minutes-do not overbake.