Shrimp is a perennial favorite for barbecuing in the summer or just entertaining a few friends at any time of the year. This recipe combines the spirit of the Mediterranean with the tangy spicy flavors of Mexico.
Each piece: About 70 calories, 7g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 4g total fat ( 1g sat. fat) 61mg cholesterol and 170mg of sodium.
- 40 large shrimp
- 1 can chopped mild green chiles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium avocados
- 20 (12 inches) bamboo skewers with Lime and lemon wedge for garnish
- In a 4-quart saucepan heat 8 cups water to boiling, add shrimp and heat to boiling. Cook shrimp until they are opaque or 1 to 2 minutes. Drain
- In a large bowl, mix green chiles with their liquid, lime juice, cilantro, oil, salt, sugar and black pepper. Stir in the shrimp and be sure to thoroughly coat.
- Just before serving cut each avocado and remove the seed. Peel and cut avocados into 1-inch chunks
- Thread 2 shrimp and 2 chunks of avocado on each skewer. Arrange the skewers on a large platter and serve immediately
Please leave comments below