Microwave “In A Mug” Recipes
Are you looking for a quick single-serve meal with very little prep involved?
I love these recipes and they are perfect for people on the go. They take about 10 minutes to make and best of all they are low carb.
Calculating the Macros with evenly proportioned mug meals is easy!
Clean up is snap! Just wash the cutting board, knife and the mug.
Let’s start off with my all-time favorite: A Very Berry Muffin. Don’t be greedy, these “melt in your mouth” muffins are to be shared with others! But if you want to keep it to yourself I don’t blame you.
They are GOOD!!
Raspberry and Blueberry muffin in a Mug
- 12 oz microwave-safe mug
- Dinner fork for sifting the dry ingredients
- small dish or bowl for melting the butter
- Measuring spoons
- Teaspoon for mixing
- 3 tablespoons of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of Swerve confectioner’s style sugar
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 blueberries and 4 raspberries
- Salted butter for serving (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small dish or bowl in the microwave.
- Blend the Swerve, cinnamon, Coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt with a fork in a 12 oz microwave-safe mug. (Mixing fact: The fork aerates the baking powder and flour which gives the dough a light texture.)
- Add the egg, butter, avocado oil, and vanilla. Mix well with a teaspoon.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and raspberries. Don’t overmix the dough. It may become tough to eat. Gently pat down the mixture with the back of the spoon.
- Place the mug in the microwave and bake for about 1 min and 15 secs. Cooking times may vary. If the dough is not set continue baking for 15 seconds until done. Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. The mug will be hot be sure to grab it from the handle. My muffins take about 1 min 30 secs.
- Take a butter knife and gently cut around the edge of the muffin to release it from the mug. Turn the mug upside down and allow it to slide out over a plate. Cut in half and serve with butter.
(I use about a 1/2 tablespoon of sweetener. One tablespoon is a bit too sweet for me.)
Recipe Hack: If using salted butter you can delete the pinch of salt from the recipe
Bonus Tip: Mix some bacon bits in the dough for a more smokey flavor.
Nutritional Information: (without the spread of salted butter)
Calories: 372 | FAT: 33 g | Protein: 12 g | Total Carbs: 2.4 g | Net Carbs: 6.4 g
Cheese, Veggie And Ham Omelet In A Mug
An Omelet In A Mug? No way!!
Who would have thought that you could have the same great taste without the mess or the skill of a master chef to flip an omelet? This eggcellent recipe can be prepared in a matter of minutes.
I recommend that you prepare a bunch of these “mug omelets” in advance then you’ll have a meal for the rest of the week! Store them in the refrigerator, warm them up then GRAB and GO!
Meal prepping couldn’t be easier.
Did I mention this mug omelet is also low carb?
4 grams of carbs per serving to be exact.
- Chef’s knife for chopping the veggies
- 12 oz microwave-safe mug or ramekin
- Cutting board
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup all white egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped deli ham
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of shredded cheddar, Colby cheese or any cheese of your choice
- 1 chopped small mushroom (any type will do the trick)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Snip the broccoli into small pieces.
- Stir in the egg whites or whole eggs ( if you prefer )
- Mix in the other ingredients with a fork
- Microwave high for one minute
- Stir and continue to microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds longer until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle more cheese over the top
Top with more salt and pepper and enjoy
GET CREATIVE with this Recipe!!
You could add other ingredients: such as spinach, sundried tomatoes, and other low carbs/keto-friendly ingredients. The options are limitless. Go ahead an experiment that’s what cooking and baking is all about. You don’t have to follow a recipe to the letter.
Caution Caution Caution!!!!
Always follow a recipe for the first time then experiment with different ingredients. Whew! Glad I got that out of the way. Don’t want you to mess up the recipe before you try it.
If you are wondering about the nutritional information on other ingredients a simple internet search should help out. All nutritional information on any recipe is an approximation. Size and the amounts of the ingredients vary. For example, not all veggies are the same size or if you substitute one ingredient for another or put more in than the recipe calls for changes the accuracy of the measurements.
Recipe Tip: If you prefer softer vegetables, microwave ALL the vegetables first for about 30 to 40 seconds then mix all the ingredients.
Bonus Tip: You can substitute any meat for the ham. Try diced pork or chicken for a different flavor
Nutritional Information: 22 grams of protein, 146 calories from fat, Sodium 533 mg. Cholesterol 16 mg, Dietary Fiber 1 gr, Sugars 2 grams, Sat. fat 4 grams, Carbs 4gr.