Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes
This recipe makes a pizza that is about 12 inches in diameter, although you can spread it thinner and larger if you want. The crust is baked first, toppings are added and then the pizza is baked again until the toppings are cooked.
- 1 1/2 cups flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Sweetener to equal about 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water Preparation
Heat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spread on a pizza pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray (I put it on a silicone mat or greased parchment paper). Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until cooked through, then add toppings and cook until they are done. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the crust so check it after 8 minutes.
- Let crust cool for 10 minutes before adding toppings
Super Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce (be sure there is no sugar added. Read the label)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
Add two tablespoons of olive oil and the minced garlic in a large frying pan or saute pan. Cook the garlic until fragrant or slightly browned. Add the sauce, salt, pepper, Italian spices, shallot, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
This makes a lot of sauce so if you are using only a couple of tbsp at a time you may want to consider freezing it into ice cube trays and thawing sauce as needed because it will probably only last 4-5 days in the fridge.
Low Carb Keto Pizza Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Remember you can add the toppings.
Warning: Meats can contain a trace amount of carbs be sure to read the lable.
Add Green peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Onions do contain a lot of carbs so plan accordingly.
Low Carb Sicilian Shrimp and Tomato Pizza