Great easy and best of all low Carb! Another low carb recipe that does not require any cooking skills at all. “The Everything Low-Carb CookBook by Patricia M. Butkus
Per serving: Carbohydrate: 19.8g, Protein: 1.5g
- 1/2 cup crumbs of sugar-free butter cookies
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon
- 3 large ripe, but firm, bananas
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set a baking rack on top and coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine the cookie crumbs, oil, and butter.
- Mix with your fingertips until well blended; set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eff white, honey and lemon juice; set aside.
- Peel the bananas and trim the pointed tips. Cut the bananas crosswise into 3/4 inch pieces. Dip each banana piece into the egg-white mixture, then transfer them to the crumb mixture. Roll the banana pieces in the crumbs, trying to lightly but evenly coat them. Place the bananas on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake the bananas until crisp, golden and heated through about 8 to 12 minutes. Arrange the hot bananas on dessert plates, garnish with lemon wedges. Serve with Low carb vanilla ice cream