Forget Fast Food You’ve got to try this!!
For those of you that don’t want to spend any time preparing a meal. This simple seafood dish is the way to go. This recipe will have you lovin’ a Low Carb diet and forgetting about all those other cravings.
An easy high protein and low carb recipe from Good House Keeping “Step-by Step Cook Book” that can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less. Feel free to mix any vegetables you like, water chestnuts, carrots etc.
Each serving: About 195 calories, 23g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 9g total fat, (1g saturated), 175mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch arugula or watercress
- Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces. In a small bowl mix balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon water. Shell and devein the shrimp
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add asparagus and cook stirring frequently about 5 minutes just until tender crisp
- Stir in shrimp, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook stirring constantly about 4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque throughout and asparagus is tender. Stir in the balsamic-vinegar mixture. To serve, arrange arugula on 4 warm dinner plates and top with shrimp mixture.