Forget Fast Food You’ve got to try this!!
For those of you that don’t want to spend any time preparing a meal, this simple seafood dish is the way to go. In no time at all you will be lovin’ a Low Carb diet. The vinegar and ginger offer great flavors that should please the most finicky eaters. Even the high carb eaters will love this recipe.
An easy high protein and low carb recipe from Good House Keeping “Step-by-Step Cook Book” that can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less. Feel free to mix any vegetables you like, water chestnuts, carrots, etc.
Each serving: About 195 calories, 23g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 9g total fat, (1g saturated), 175mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch arugula or watercress
- Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces. In a small bowl mix balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon water. Shell and devein the shrimp
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add asparagus and cook stirring frequently about 5 minutes just until tender crisp
- Stir in shrimp, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook stirring constantly about 4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque throughout and asparagus is tender. Stir in the balsamic-vinegar mixture. To serve, arrange arugula on 4 warm dinner plates and top with shrimp mixture.