Get ready for a chocolaty delight that contains all the tastes and textures of a moist chocolate cake without the carbs!
- 12 oz coffee mug
- Fork for mixing the dry ingredients
- A 2″x 2″ microwave-safe container or a small bowl for melting the butter (optional)
Recipe Hack: Most recipes call for softened butter. But I microwave the butter for about 15 seconds and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’ style sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt (unless you are using salted butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- tablespoon stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or Lily Chocolate chips
- Keto whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Place the dry ingredients in a mug and mix with a fork until well blended
- Add the egg, butter and avocado oil, then stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Next, add the chocolate chips.
- Microwave about 50 seconds. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If the dough is not set then microwave for about 10 more seconds until the toothpick comes out clean.
Tip: The chocolate chips have a low melting point so I insert the chocolate chips in the dough after baking. (Check out the picture above)
Otherwise, the chips melt in the dough and you don’t really taste them. Of course, this step is optional.