My personal fave and I am not a fan of butter cookies but this low carb recipe made a believer out of me! I got this one from Dana Carpender’s 500 Low Carb Recipe Book
Yield: About 6 dozen, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber and 1 gram of protein
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Splenda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted soy powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and cream cheese until well blended and soft. Add 1/4 cup Splenda or Truvia ( recommended ) blend then add the egg.
- Sift the soy powder, then sift again with the baking powder ( to combine the baking powder with the soy powder and to break up any lumps in the baking powder) Sift the combined powders into the mixing bowl, and mix to make a soft dough.
- Chill the dough for several hours in a covered container. I put them in the freezer for about a half hour. The dough will be easier to handle
- Preheat the oven 375F. Make small balls of the dough and place them on the ungreased cooking sheet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Splenda with
- the cinnamon on a small plate or saucer. Take a flat-bottomed glass, measuring cup, or something similar and butter the bottom. Then dip the buttered cup in the cinnamon and Splenda, and use it to press the cookies flat. You’ll need to press the cinnamon and Splenda or Truvia for each cookie.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until they turn brown.