We Love To Blend[
I picked the blenders that had over 3000 reviews on Amazon. The positive reviews centered on
- ease of use,
- and durability as the main benefits
Some of the negative reviews concentrated on damage sustained during delivery, noise level, and hard to clean which had nothing to do with product performance.
People also stated that some of the blenders started to leak after a few months of use.
Which blender should I buy?
If you are grinding nuts, seeds, or high fibrous vegetables, like kale or carrots, then you should get a blender that has at least a 1500 watt motor. If you are going to make soups and creamy smoothies then a 300-500 watt motor should be fine.
As you can see the blenders listed here, range in price from $19.00 all the way up to $700. They are all high quality and offer the same benefits.
The real difference is the type of blender that you want to use:
- Single serve blenders like the nutir-bullent are great for single servings.
- Immersion blenders are good for making sauces directly in the pan or bowl.
- Large capacity blenders such as Blend-Tec are the typical counter-top blenders
- Blender bottles are bottles that contain a wire mixing ball and are hand mixed. No electrical power required.
I put BlenTec blender at the top of my list of blenders because of its price and versatility. The Blen Tec blender with its BPA plastic pitcher and narrow fifth side (Wild Side) and automatic speed control can blast ice cubes into snow in a matter of seconds. I’ve been making delicious frozen treats, smoothies, sorbets, Itailian ice and margaritas for over two years and the blender still works as good as new.
This blender is so versatile I use it to make delicious hot soups, sauces, and marinades.
The Ninja Professional Blender
My face book group “Low carb and Losing It” love the Ninja Blender. The travel mug option makes the Ninja portable which is a great benefit for people on the go.
I made a comprehensive list of each blender including features, specs, current price on Amazon and warrantees.
Blentec Total Classic Original Blender with 4 side 75oz Jar
Price: $272.00 on Amazon
- 1560 watt Direct Motor
- 8 year comprehensive guarantee
- 75 oz. Jar
- 6 automatic settings
- 10 manual speeds
- Unique Safety Blade
- Plunger free easy to clean BPA Free Jar
- Dish Washer safe
- Pros: Easy to use and program. Fits neatly under kitchen cabinets.
- Cons: Tends to wobble while blending and the noise level is high.
Vitamix 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Container, Black
Price: On Amazon $399.00
The best of the best.
This is the blender that all professional chef’s use in their restaurants. If this blender can work in a professional kitchen, think how much it can work in a home kitchen. You’ll definitely be able to use to make all kinds of dishes, sorbets, marinades, salad dressings for years to come
- 1380 watt motor
- 10 manual speeds, Low/High
- 3” laser Cut stainless steel blades
- Easy to clean BPA Free Jar
- Pros: Professional chefs like it for its durability and its performance in commercial kitchen
- Cons: Cost high noise. Tends to wobble
Ninja Professional Counter top Blender
Price: $83.99 on Amazon
- 1100 watt base
- 72 oz. total crushing pitcher
- 2 16 oz. cups for frozen drinks and smoothies
- 6 blade assembly allows you to crush ice in seconds for daiquiris, margaritas and smoothies
- It has 3 speeds High, Medium and Low and a pulse setting
Pros: Inexpensive and crushes ice in a matter of seconds
Cons: Sharp blades must use caution when cleaning the blender.
NutriBullet NBR-1201 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System, Gray
Price: 59.99 on Amazon
- 600 watt motor
- 1 tall cup
- 2 short cups
- 1 flat blade
- 1 emulsifying blade
- Pocket nutritionist and manual with recipes
- 1 year warranty
Pros: The 600 watt motor easily crushes frozen fruits and ice
Cons: The blades have to be replaced every 6 months.
Oster Pro 1200 Blender with Glass Jar plus Smoothie Cup & Food Processor Attachment
The combination Food processor and blender makes this the most versatile blender on the market.
Price: $79.99 on Amazon
- 1200 watt motor
- Blender and food chopper comes with smart setting 7 speed technology
- Dual direction blade technology blends forward and backward
- 6 cup Boroglass jar, extra-large BPA-free 5 cup food processing bowl stainless steel slicing disc and chopping blade
- 24 oz. lidded smoothie “to-go” cup
- 10 year warranty
Pros: Grinds and crushes efficiently.
Cons: Hard to clean. Food gets trapped in the gasket of the lids. Doesn’t blend dried fruit completely. The pitcher is made out of glass which could break if it’s dropped.
That’s my blender round up folks and if you have any questions or comments please leave below. I have picked the most popular blenders on the market and if you feel that a blender was left and deserves a mention list it below in the comments.
Just like with anything else when it comes to buying. It’s best to do your research and I believe that this list should make the purchasing decision a little easier. I’ve talked with friends, relatives and face book groups and blending gurus in general and they all agree that these are the most popular blenders out there. The real difference is price and what you intend to do with the blender. Other websites tend to inundate you with various blenders and listing all the whiz-bang features that really does not help in making an intelligent buying decision.
Anyway here’s to good blending. Be sure to read my post on how to blend.
Thomas Low Carb food dude.