Cheese, Veggie And Ham Omelet In A Mug
An Omelet in a Mug? No Way!
Who would have thought that you could have the same great taste without the mess or the skill of a master chef to flip an omelet? This eggcellent recipe can be prepared in a matter of minutes.
I recommend that you prepare a bunch of these “mug omelets” in advance then you’ll have a meal for the rest of the week! Store them in the refrigerator, warm them up then GRAB and GO!
Meal prepping couldn’t be easier.
Did I mention this mug omelet is also low carb?
4 grams of carbs per serving to be exact.
- Chef’s knife for chopping the veggies
- 12 oz microwave-safe mug or ramekin
- Cutting board
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup all white egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped deli ham
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of shredded cheddar, Colby cheese or any cheese of your choice
- 1 chopped small mushroom (any type will do the trick)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Snip the broccoli into small pieces.
- Stir in the egg whites or whole eggs ( if you prefer )
- Mix in the other ingredients with a fork
- Microwave high for one minute
- Stir and continue to microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds longer until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle more cheese over the top
Top with more salt and pepper and enjoy
GET CREATIVE with this Recipe!!
You could add other ingredients: such as spinach, sundried tomatoes, and other low carbs/keto-friendly ingredients. The options are limitless. Go ahead an experiment that’s what cooking and baking is all about. You don’t have to follow a recipe to the letter.