Let’s start off with my all-time favorite: A Very Berry Muffin. Don’t be greedy, these “melt in your mouth” muffins are to be shared with others! But if you want to keep it to yourself I don’t blame you.
They are GOOD!!
- 12 oz microwave-safe mug
- Dinner fork for sifting the dry ingredients
- small dish or bowl for melting the butter
- Measuring spoons
- Teaspoon for mixing
- 3 tablespoons of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of Swerve confectioner’s style sugar
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 blueberries and 4 raspberries
- Salted butter for serving (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small dish or bowl in the microwave.
- Blend the Swerve, cinnamon, Coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt with a fork in a 12 oz microwave-safe mug. (Mixing fact: The fork aerates the baking powder and flour which gives the dough a light texture.)
- Add the egg, butter, avocado oil, and vanilla. Mix well with a teaspoon.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and raspberries. Don’t overmix the dough. It may become tough to eat. Gently pat down the mixture with the back of the spoon.
- Place the mug in the microwave and bake for about 1 min and 15 secs. Cooking times may vary. If the dough is not set continue baking for 15 seconds until done. Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. The mug will be hot be sure to grab it from the handle. My muffins take about 1 min 30 secs.
- Take a butter knife and gently cut around the edge of the muffin to release it from the mug. Turn the mug upside down and allow it to slide out over a plate. Cut in half and serve with butter.
(I use about a 1/2 tablespoon of sweetener. One tablespoon is a bit too sweet for me.)
Recipe Hack: If using salted butter you can delete the pinch of salt from the recipe
Bonus Tip: Mix some bacon bits in the dough for a more smokey flavor.
Nutritional Information: (without the spread of salted butter)
Calories: 372 | FAT: 33 g | Protein: 12 g | Total Carbs: 2.4 g | Net Carbs: 6.4 g